- This event has passed.
Seismic Retrofitting of Buildings
March 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmKES 1500
Engineers will be introduced to seismic/normal retrofit of buildings.
1. Kindly remember to indicate the correct EBK Number for award of PDU’s.
2. Kindly use MPESA PAYBILL:976295 A/C NAME: membership number+ WEBSRS eg M2545WEBSRS
3. Amount is KSH1500 for IEK Members and Ksh 2000 for Non IEK Members
ENG. McCall URIAH – SEISMIC RETROFITTING EXPERT
- Member of Engineering New Zealand
- 10+ years’ experience in Seismic Retrofitting of Buildings, having taken part in New Zealand’s seismic developments after the Canterbury Earthquake in 2011
- Thematic expert in the seismic strengthening of low to medium rise buildings with an emphasis on low damage design
- He has great experience in the strengthening of high importance level steel and reinforced concrete structures
- In his practice, Uriah has conducted seismic investigations into buildings,
designed and reviewed designs by other firms, and led emergency-response seismic assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Canterbury.
ENG. ARJAN SHANKLA – REPAIR AND RETROFFITTING EXPERT
- A chartered structural engineer and a registered engineer in Kenya, Uganda, and the United Kingdom-Where he is a fellow of two major engineering Institutions.
- Currently serves as a director at Somers Engineering Ltd. and Eco-Concrete- two companies that are involved in Construction, structural investigations, repair and retrofitting of structures
- Formerly the Chairman of the Chairmen of the Engineers Chapter and Registrar of the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK); and a board member of National Construction Authority
- Has worked in the Consulting Industry, Construction Industry and the Policy/Regulation Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Civil and Structural Engineering from the University of Sheffield
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting upon approval.